helping vets help pets
- Carroll Loyer, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM (Cardiology)
- CEO, design and implementation
- Carroll Loyer, DVM is board certified in Cardiology as a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. He received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Colorado State University in 1986, followed by an internship in medicine and surgery at Santa Cruz Veterinary Hospital, and finished a residency in cardiology at the University of California at Davis in 1992.
- First student at Colorado State University to take elective courses in abdominal ultrasound and echocardiography.
- Performed echocardiography at Santa Cruz Veterinary Hospital during internship, and studied radiology/abdominal ultrasound under Drs. Jim Ticer and Larry Kerr
- After an internship, he was asked to return to Colorado State to perform all the cardiac echocardiographic studies, before receiving formal advanced training in cardiology. He introduced spectral Doppler echocardiography into the CSU cardiology program.
- Accepted to a residency at UC Davis in 1990 as the first Merck sponsored cardiology resident, and was involved in the conversion to color-flow Doppler echocardiography at UC Davis. His resident project was to develop the methodology to perform the newest technique at the time in veterinary echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography.
- First wrote a database to perform telemedicine as a consultant for Antech in 1997, but lost interest in pursuing this in favor of hands-on clinical work.
- He used part of this first database to facilitate his clinical work, and became interested in the clinical utility of software databases for cardiology.
- After a total rewrite of EchoVet which enhanced his ability to practice clinical cardiology, he felt others might also benefit from such a program. He then embarked on the form of EchoVet™ you currently are viewing.
- Has been in general practice, run an emergency hospital, practiced referral Internal Medicine for four years (where he did abdominal ultrasound daily), and has been practicing cardiology and respiratory medicine since 1989.
- Has seen over 17,000 cardiology patients, and has performed over 10,000 ultrasound examinations. He hopes this career of clinical and ultrasound experience, coupled with his interface design and programming skills, bring about a product that not only expands the capabilities and productivity of other clinicians and sonographers, but positively impacts the lives of the patients we all treat.
- Lives in Boulder, Colorado. He lives with his daughter Yordanos. He is also currently involved in fine art photography, guitar and doumbek, and travel.
- Echelon Data Solutions
- Insight Design Web Solutions
- International Veterinary Students Association